Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Comfort Zone

Everytime I write a book I always do a ton of research. Whether it's on diseases or fictional stories. Or even on wars and disasters. Sadly I learn a lot but when it comes to what friends know or what other people know it disappears and comes into play of not being real. I guess what bothers me is how trapped in bubbles of comfort we are in.
Now don't get me wrong comfort isn't all bad more often it helps you to not go insane. But it hides too much of what others are suffering. Let me go to one of the latest challenges to spread awareness of ALS. Now first of all in all the challenges no one explains what ALS is or even why it needs awareness. Want to know why? It's because it actually is a treatable disease/disability. Now the donating and raising awareness is great. But what would be better is a video talking about it not an ice bucket challenge.
There are so many diseases that need awareness, animals being threatened, living conditions for people, and so on and so on.
In this world we all become comfortable in our lives that we forget that we still have the power to change many peoples lives so they can live comfortable too. But wht do most of us do? We pass it onto a Government to take care. Let me go to a new problem with Obamacare. This great health care has caused me many problems including the trying to pay my medical bills myself. Before it was passed I was ok being able to pay the 3$ I could afford but after the bill passed I was required to pay over 100$ to pay it off in a year. 
Also I will be fined for not getting any of the health care through the program. And this was suppose to be a help for people to get health care. May I just say we have removed our responsibility of caring for each other by making the Governments responsibile and really do you think they care about us? No they don't not really. 
There is still so much that is messed up like the inflation and so much more. We can change this world just if you are willing to step out of your comfort zone and see the world. Realize your heart will cry but that is good cause it will help you to want to make the changes happen faster. 
What comforts are you willing to lose to start making a change?
KEEP BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment