Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The depression effect

We may not wish to admit it or even think of it as a reality but suicide is a very real death that takes many peoples live. It comes about due to depression which is one of the biggest killer in the world. Depression is something most people have to deal with and it is very real and very destructive. The thing that makes me sad is the misunderstanding of suicide.
Suicide isn't as simply put a choice, it's a point of no return in depression. Let me explain, like the disease of Ebola or many more it starts off slow then it builds closer to the point when it just finally kills you. It isn't a choice. I know this because after the day I was nearly gang raped I went to my kitchen drawer drew out a knife and was ready to die. For me at that point it wasn't a choice it was a need. 
What stopped me was the realization that in the car crash I would've been killed then I survived for a reason. That reason I don't know but there was or is one. When depression hits you to that point suicide doesn't become an option it just is the final stage. But I just want you to know suicide can't be looked at as someone made the choice or something even crueler that the one who died is gonna suffer now.
Suicide is just a painful wake up to the reality that depression is still strong. Be there for your friends and family, love them and make sure they never feel alone. And be sure to find many ways to stay positive. In the end just remember you are of such great worth and like any disease it can be healed. It just takes time so be patient with yourself, and to loved ones be patient with them.
Robin Williams is greatly missed. We are forever grateful of his contribution to making the rest of us laugh and learn life. He has probably saved many lives may he and his family always remember that.
And as I always say,
KEEP BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment