Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Study of The Constitution of the United States

The Constitution of the United States is the origin of my country. Because it is the whole declaration of my rights in this country I took it upon myself to read and study it again. My father while growing up had a copy of the original hanging in our house. I would walk past it and always stop even if I didn't read the whole thing I always read the first paragraph, "We the People of the United States in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, an secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Or if you saw School House Rock it would be more like this:
So of course I just wanted to know more and more. Upon reading it there were many articles put in there that were being ignored or regarded as not as important. The first is the payment of our President. From recent studies the President now a days makes $400k. I made at the most of my earned income in a year $10k, yet I didn't suffer nor die from living off that amount. In fact I was really well off, I was able to pay for my car, get it repairs, buy food, pay rent, and buy gas. I think $400k is WAY too excessive. 
So I found the paragraph on the payment for the President in his term. It reads, "THE PRESIDENT SHALL, AT STATED TIMES, RECEIVE FOR HIS SERVICES, A COMPENSATION, WHICH SHALL NEITHER BE INCREASED NOR DIMINISHED DURING THE PERIOD FOR WHICH HE SHALL HAVE BEEN ELECTED, AND HE SHALL NOT RECEIVE WITHIN THAT PERIOD ANY OTHER EMOLUMENT FROM THE UNITED STATES, OR ANY OF THEM."
Did you read that? Let me explain what I have read, basically under no circumstance must the President's Compensation be increased nor decreased at any time. So how is it that our President went from being paid $25k a year (Geroge Washington) to $400k a year (Barrack Obama)? As I said for me alone I can live on $10k a year comfortably. So why is it then that the compensation went up so much despite what our Constitution has said? The Government may say because of Inflation but that is not the case, no it is them trying to slowly suffocate our Constitutional rights.
And they are doing it with the full knowledge of you never truly studied the Constitution. I encourage all, even those who are not of my Country to read the Constitution. It is for your benefit it is a great document to teach you to help you to fight against the Government to retain your rights for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
I write this now because the longer I sit watching the nation that my ancestors and Grandfather fought so hard to protect die, will mean I had no right in saying I am an American. I am proud of who I am and where I come from. I see no reason to feel ashamed, I feel only to learn of past mistakes and seek to never see them happen again. I see only to work to make this world the best it can be for when I have children so that they may live happy lives, with Liberty and Justice.
I hope that this does not fall upon deaf ears(or blind eyes), I hope you stand for what you believe in and never feel ashamed nor worried because of what you believe.
KEEP BELIEVING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment