Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ah, the good old Batman shows. Yup these were the first Batman shows to appear back in 1966. Now I was born in the late 80's so I never saw this in it's prime. But TV Land would do re-runs of it and my father who loved Batman would enjoy the shows. I'd remembered it was the few times that I would force my little four year old eyes to stay open.
I always loved Batman and many people do since he has had several videogames made and movies and TV shows. Now it seems kind of funny that so many of us who hate the millionares and such really can't hate Batman even though he admits himself that he is just a rich kid with issues, LOT's of issues.
But I think that last part is what makes us all love him so much. Someone who became an orphan in one night watching his parents be killed in cold blood. Having to learn how to survive at a young age with the help of Jim Gordon and his Butler Alfred.
I can not even imagine watching both of my parents be shot right in front of me. That is something that I'm sure most of us would go insane over. Yet Bruce (If you didn't know Batman was Bruce what are you doing here? lol) who has gone insane has kept it well controlled. He uses his insanity to figure out the criminals he fights.
When my father passed away, I felt a deeper connection with my favorite super hero. The loss of a loving parent is hard to get over and can be sufficating. But seeing how Batman could still move forward with his life after the tragedy he experienced it made me realize I can do the same.
Now I'm no millionare in fact I earn a lot less then what I need. So I have to recieve help from friends and family. But in my mind I can be a lot like Batman in caring about others and forgetting myself for the greater good. Batman has always been my hero.
I now own a Xbox360 with the game Batman Arkham Asylum. I love being able to come home from a bad day at work and do some challenges on the game.
I believe in myself even though I'll NEVER be a Batman(girl) I can still look to him as an example. He is a great hero to look to. He has a lot of insight and always willing to help those in need.
May we be more like Batman. Or Flash who just knows that life needs more optimisim in it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment