Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How often do you stifle your creativity? I'm one of those who just recently recieved the harshest reviews ever. These reviews came from my friends. It was that I can not write nor do ANYTHING creative. I wanted to suffocate my work I wanted to destroy what once made me hope and feel happy. As adults we tend to forget that we still HAVE to use creativity.
Math is a very creative subject dealing with making numbers work in such a way that a symbol is made. Science do I even need to say how it's creative? History, English, EVERYTHING!!
We as grown ups put up this barrier of what is creativity and what is logic. We start to make this line that just divides the two and makes one feel I can't be creative and still have a good job.
That is what several of my friends have told me. That drawing up there was one I did back when I was only 17. It is a self portrait and I love it now. But back then I hated my art work because others did as well. You see another thing that makes people hate your creativity is when you self teach it.
I took a few classes but never really listened I just did it my self. I did what should be the way of all learning, trial and error. I would try to copy another artists work. I would try to get it as pixel perfect as I could. Then when I felt I did my best my friends would grab it and share it with everyone. These were friends who actually saw me going somewhere with what I loved to do.
Now a days my friends do not see creativity taking you anywhere. You have to get a job you hate work it and barely make ends meet.
Is that what you really want? One of the hardest things to get over is criticism. But for me criticism outside of friends and family is easy to deal with. Cause I gave them no right to hurt me, so they can't. But my friends and family I did so when they say something that blatantly says I am a terrible writer, artist, singer, and dancer. It hurts.
But I learned one thing my friends if they ever say that then I'm just never going to call them a friend anymore. I will completely drop them and forget them as a friend.
May seem harsh but if they are going to be harsh to you then you have to leave them. I don't want to give them permission to hurt me anymore. I want to be free to follow my dreams because I can. A writing school in New York City LOVED my writing and had asked me to join them. I have the ability to be amazing.
So do you feel that way too? Look in the mirror and tell yourself I can do whatever I want there is nothing that can stop me. Keep Believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment