Music Is My Love

Music Is My Love
from my ratemydrawings.com collection

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Something I Dream Of

"I'm done."
Marissa was looking her boyfriend in the eye. And she saw the fire the flooded his eyes at what she had just said. He took a hand and ran it through his short golden brown hair.
"So you want to break up? I don't think we were ever dating."
Marissa froze her eyes widen at the sting the words had just sent to her heart. She closed her eyes tight telling her tears to hold back. After letting out a soft laugh she looked back up at him. Her vision blurred by the tears.
"Oh, yeah I forgot. You were too busy dating other girls that I just wasn't important. I'm such an idiot. Should've dumped you that first night I felt like doing so," said Marissa as her smile grew despite the flood of tears. She stepped back before spitting near his shoes and walking away. This night he wouldn't chase after her and that was fine. Her heart needed a break. She took off running slipping her high heels off as she went before running as fast as she could to the local arcade.
Marissa pushed the door open and sighed. She found the zombie shooting arcade game and took out her coin purse. She inserted two quarters grabbing one of the guns readying her self for the game to begin. Zombies came at her as she quickly shot them down. She felt her aim getting better and better before she saw another person joining her.
He was a tall man with black hair that scattered into his honey colored eyes. He was laughing before he saw her looking at him.
"Look out!" 
Marissa jumped before she looked back at the screen seeing him shoot down the zombies heading right for her.
"Wow, thanks!" Marissa smiled big before she laughed with him. They chased down the rest of the zombies reaching the final boss.
"Ok I think we need to just have you start first and once you get to your fifth shot I will join that way while you're reloading I can keep shooting and then you can join back and I can reload. Deal?"
Marissa laughed saying yes as the stranger got ready. The strategy worked perfectly and before they knew the boss was taken down.
"Yes!" Marissa cheered before the stranger gave her a high five and chest bump. She kept laughing feeling better now to have found someone who could make her time more fun.
"You're really good. The names Darren, what's your name?"
"Hah, I'm Marissa," she turned to him smiling, "Nice to meet you Darren. You just made this day turn into a great one."
"Well hey, do you have to leave soon?" Darren asked looking at Marissa with a smile.
"Well no I guess not."
"How about we go get some sushi? My treat," said Darren waving his wallet.
"Ha ha, ok sure let's go," said Marissa grabbing her purse and walking with Darren to the sushi bar. The got their two seats and made their order.
"So what do you do for a living?" Marissa asked looking over at Darren.
"Oh, I build houses."
"Oh that's cool."
"Yeah I like it. How about you what do you do?" Marissa sat there thinking for a bit. She didn't really have a said job her job mostly was her writing her blog and working on finishing her second book.
"I'm a writer you might say."
"Now that's cool. What do you write about?" Darren had leaned forward one arm resting on the table.
"Oh, namely romance silly things like that."
"That's not silly," Darren said before sitting back as their order came in, "What would be silly is writing about a black goop taking over the world. Oh wait-"

Marissa busted up laughing with Darren joining in. The rest of the evening the spent teasing and joking around. Each one getting the other to laugh harder and harder. And before Marissa knew it she needed to go home.
"Thank you again so much," said Marissa as Darren walked her to her car.
"No problem."
"Could I get your number so we can hang out again?"
"Sure it's xxx-xxxx, with 775 as the area code," Darren said as Marissa typed it onto her phone.
"Thanks again," Marissa said once more before she gave him a hug. They bid farewell and Marissa drove off.
But while she continued driving her heart stung as her mind thought about her Ex.


Hey there reader, now this isn't going to be anything AMAZING!! These bits of a story are only the first drafts so that they don't hold what a real story of mine would. Most books I write have about 7 drafts before I call it good.
So forgive this is a first draft but that makes it a little special. Anyways I'm just super confused is all. There is just such confusion going on in my life that I have no idea what to do. First off I am single, and I really always have been. The guy that I was dating blamed me for many things, read my first blog of 2013 to understand.
Now first off I now that I may have thought oh, we are dating. But I didn't tell anyone heysa wesa boysafriend and girlsafriend. No I just would say to those inviting me to activities on a night that we were going out that I had a date. But whatever. I also stopped myself from thinking bad things about my body.
First off I will not deny the fact that I have a super model body, all of it being natural. I know that I have a very sexy body that turns many guys on and I accept this body and will not change it. So I'm accepting myself in full.
KEEP BELIEVING!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment